This plugin automates the transfer of order and shipment data to Seven Senders and enables full usage of Sendwise and as well as access to the my7S label in the checkout process. In addition there is the option to embed a widget into order detail page to show status of shipment to your customer.
Please follow these instructions to install the Magento 2 plug-in: https://bitbucket.org/sevensenders/magento2-plugin/wiki/Home
Please note: The minimum Magento version required for the plug-in is 2.1.7
To activate the plug-in (after the installation has been successfully completed), please follow these instructions:
- In the Magento backend, navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Settings > Seven Senders Settings.
- Enable the plugin by selecting Enabled: Yes and insert your Access Key (provided by Seven Senders).
- Click on Save Config.
After this, the plug-in is ready to be used.
Using the plug-in
The plug-in's main functionality consists in transferring your order and shipment data from your shop to your Sendwise account.
Order data are sent whenever an order is created, shipment data are sent when a tracking number is added to a shipment.
Thus, you can proceed using Magento as normal; the plug-in will automatically send the data into the Seven Senders system.
There are a number of changes in the user interface of the Magento shop backend which help you quickly accessing shipment status information:
- In the overview of shipments, an additional column is added with the name '7S Tracking'. By clicking on the link, you can look at the tracking page of the Seven Senders shipment.
- After a shipment is submitted, there are two changes in the screen for a specific shipment:
- There is a link to the tracking page of the shipment in the section 'Shipping and Tracking Information' with the anchor text 'Track this shipment'. You can also access the tracking page by clicking on the shipment number.
- After a shipment is submitted, the shipment's status history is displayed, e.g. 'New', 'Shipped', 'Delivered'.